4 important things to know before visiting Marrakech
The best city to visit in Morocco is Marrakech. These are the four features that have made this city unique and appealing
• 1-The climate. Marrakech has got a healthy climate namely during winter which is good for many illnesses such as asthma, cellulite, varicose veins, and arthritis.
- 2-The historical background. The most attractive place in the city is its old Medina dating back to the 11th century The city has got plenty of highlights like the Bahia Palace, the koranic school been Youssef, the Saadian tombs; in addition to its splendid riads and exotic gardens.
- -3 The food The Moroccan cuisine is various, delicious and very distinctive. Each city has got its traditional dishes Marrakech is reputed by Tangia which is meat, 35 spices, lemon mixed in a jar and put in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. The other famous dish is lamb roasted in an underground oven. Food stalls are set up in the big square Jamaa El Fna every evening and the smell of various local dishes permeates in the air
- 4-The Geographical position
- Marrakech is about 453 meters above sea level, It is on the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains and only 170 km far from the Atlantic Ocean
- It is not a surprise that Marrakech is the chief tourist destination of Morocco and one of the most famous and fascinating cities in the world.